Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yuja Wang and Rebecca Buric

If you're reading this criminally undermaintained blog on a dreary Sunday morning, here are two hot tips for today's performing arts:

Yuja Wang, who appears with the Colorado Springs Philharmonic this afternoon at 2:30, is simply one of the most musical and technically brilliant pianists I've ever heard. I'd be there again, if I could.

Full review here.

But I can't, partly because I've had two friends call me to say how amazing Rebecca Buric's "Signature" is. Her last performance of this one-person show about war in the Balkans is today at 2 p.m. at the Manitou Art Theatre.

(I know what you're thinking - "He's a critic. He can't possibly have two friends.")

4 Comments:

Blogger Dena Rosenberry said...

thanks for the tips!

8:06 AM  
Blogger atomicelroy said...

wow I would have gone to either of those event, but I got so out of the habit of reading this "criminally undermaintained blog" that alas here it's Monday and they are over.

sigh!

4:58 PM  
Blogger dutch6 said...

Leave not all hope. Beca is Back !
Rebecca Buric is performing her "Signature" play at the MAT on April 9-11th, 16-19th, & 23-26th.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mark,
I attended this past weekend's performance of the Philharmonic and was more than a little awed reflecting back as to how far we as a community have come under Larry Smith's leadership. (I've been a committed fan of his since Portland, Oregon when living there several years ago).

My point - or my question - inasmuch as we now have some new leadership at "The Gazette", can't we get them back in the game again -- just supporting our Philharmonic -- by resuming the Sunday reviews of the Saturday performances? I recall the excuses rendered at the time -- but we've moved on. I'd love to be one to go down there and make a cogent plea in person. Is this worthwhile? Can you help?
-Jack Thomas-

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home