Friday, December 01, 2006

Bill Hyer at Artists' Lair

I meant to do a full preview of Bill Hyer, but didn't get around to it with the Thanksgiving in-laws, etc. But I want to get a plug in for one of the region's most compelling abstract painters. You can lose yourself in the richness of the color and the rhythm of the highly textured brushstrokes. The accompanying picture of "Joy" is good (I swiped it from the invitation), but it doesn't give a sense of the work's size or vibrancy.

Hyer often hides images in his work, though to be honest I've almost never been able to find them. I'm not sure it matters.

The exhibit will be up through January 10. The Artists' Lair is located at 2766 Janitell Road; regular hours are 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday; call 576-5247 for more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home